Semiannual changelog of Merriam-Webster, with words added since April 2020, thus recognizing them as being in wide use and likely to stay:
* long hauler.
* bubble (definition 7 A to 7 D).
* wet market (first known use with current meaning: 1978).
* crowdfunding (first 2007).
* to "at" someone (first 2008).
* A.S.M.R. (first 2011).
* gig worker (first 2014).
* cancel culture (first 2016).
@timo Further reading: the spectacular book Word by Word, by Kory Stamper, a lexicographer. All about dictionary writing, including recognizing new words. https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/530504/word-by-word-by-kory-stamper/
Sound Café is een Nederlandstalige Mastodon-server. Mastodon is het onafhankelijke sociale netwerk van de toekomst.